Our location in South Lake Tahoe is unbeatable for access to the lake, beach, Heavenly Ski Resort, and casinos at the border of Stateline, Nevada.
We are truly located “Where Green Meets Blue” – our environmentally-friendly inn is close to the beautiful Lake Tahoe shoreline.
You can literally walk to everything from our incredible, central location. You can park your car in our lot and never drive again until you return home, if you desire.
We’re within walking distance to:
- Private Beach Access – Beach Passes are complimentary, which gives you access to the lake, playgrounds, and volleyball (5 minute walk).
- Lakeside Beach Grill – This beach-front restaurant offers an extensive menu and mesmerizing vistas (5 minute walk). Open in summer only.
- Heavenly Ski Resort – The gondola operates year-round, which gives you access to the Observation Deck for breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe, the Desolation Wilderness and Carson Valley (10 minute walk to Gondola).
- The Shops at Heavenly Village - With over 40 unique shops, eateries, and entertainment venues, you can shop and enjoy the traditional Tahoe ambiance with a distinct European village flair (10 minute walk).
- Casinos – Entertain yourself at several venues, including Harrah's Lake Tahoe, Harvey's and Bill's (10 minute walk).
From San Francisco and Sacramento:
From I-80 E/I-5 merge onto US-50 toward South Lake Tahoe. After you descend the summit and go through Meyers, take a right at the first stop light onto Pioneer Trail. Continue on Pioneer until it ends at Lake Tahoe Blvd (US-50). Turn right. At the next intersection turn left onto Park Avenue. Go down three blocks and turn right onto Pine where you will find the Alpenrose Inn on the right hand side.
From Reno/Tahoe International Airport:
Follow signs to I-395 South, continue through Carson City (approximately 30 miles). South of Carson City, take Hwy 50 W towards South Lake Tahoe - 25 miles. At the traffic light just before the casinos, turn right onto Lakepark Avenue. Drive along Edgewood Golf Course, to the next intersection: Stateline. Continue straight on, where it becomes Pine Blvd. You will find the Alpenrose Inn on the left hand side.
By Airport Shuttle:
The Tahoe Casino Express provides luxury shuttle service between Reno/Tahoe Airport and the South Lake Tahoe casino properties. At Harvey's Casino, take the local shuttle or a taxi to the Alpenrose Inn (just 2 minutes drive).